FC2 printer question.

Tom Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Mon Oct 4 21:33:23 UTC 2004

On Monday 04 October 2004 13:58, Robert Cahn wrote:
> I'm trying to configure an old Canon bj-200ex printer.  When I use
> system-config-printer and specify Locally-connected printer the ap can't
> see the printer which is attached to the parallel port.  Eventually I
> specify /dev/lp0 (or /dev/parport0) by handand continue with the
> installation but I'm unable to print to the printer.  Is there any way of
> testing that the port is working at a very low level before I spend more
> time with the installation?  I tried cat fil.nam >/dev/lp0 but that didn't
> work.
>
> Robert Cahn
> Gipsy Trail Club
> Carmel, NY 10512
> 845-225-0265, 917-312-3409 (cell)
> rcahn at ieee.org

Hi Robert:

Check out this site for possible information.
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_driver.cgi?driver=bj200

They don't show any bj-200ex but plain bj-200 may work.

Tom

--
Tom Taylor
registered linux user #263467

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful - and so are we,"
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our
people - and neither do we." - George W. Bush, Aug 2004