yum with FC3-test2

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue Oct 5 17:14:11 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 15:49, Todd Chambery wrote:

> I just installed FC3-test2 last night and did a "full" up2date this
> morning (8am EST).  I rebooted and everything seems kosher.

I just ran "yum update".on my FC3-test2 system
This downloaded about 400 headers
(have there really been that number of updates since FC3t2 came out?).
It then downloaded about 390 rpms,
and exited with the message that it could not find the remaining 10 rpms.

I should say that I am using the yum.conf that came with FC3t2.,
so that - if I understand correctly - the only repository searched is
[development]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - Development Tree
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch/

In any case, I then ran "yum update" again,
and it started to download the 390 rpms again,
despite the fact that they are all present in /var/cache/yum/development .

Does yum not check to see if it already has rpms?
If not, is there any way to stop it downloading them all again?

Also, should I use a mirror in place of the URL above?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366