FC3T2 on Inspiron 4100 + ATI - suspend works, resume doesn't

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Wed Oct 6 19:41:34 UTC 2004

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 08:48:17PM +0200, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> Hmm that seemd cool. I tried it (on FC2), and it did "stopping active
> tasks" ====|, and went to sleep. I thought "cool!". And i tried to bring
> it back, but... *blink on some lamps, including the HD one* *nothing...*
>
> Try a gain...
>
> BIOS?!? grub? dammit. I *dont* like the evo n600c...

Quite likely USB.  A laptop on which I tried that with FC2, and
which needs ACPI as APM is way too broken, did not wake up until I
added '/sbin/modprobe -r ehci_hcd' into its "go-to-sleep" handler.
Making it sleep  still totally kills a built-in floppy but this is
not a show-stopper in that particular case.

   Michal