NVIDIA with games experience....

Bikehead bikehead at amberpoint.com
Wed Oct 6 21:18:51 UTC 2004

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with using the NVIDIA
driver undet FC3 using a game.  I can use the NVIDIA driver under FC3
sync'ed up to the latest rawhide for the normal desktop.  However, when
I use neverwinter nights, FPS performance is very bad: about a frame a
second.  I guess I should be fairly happy it runs at all!

I do have to run the game as root to overcome some permission problems
with the NVIDIA devices.  Other than that the game doesn't complain
about anything, but display performance is slow.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

--
   __o
 _-\<,_   Brian