MySQL 4

Thomas Zehetbauer thomasz at hostmaster.org
Thu Oct 7 10:16:31 UTC 2004

On Mit, 2004-10-06 at 19:58 -0400, William Hooper wrote:
> So rather than ship both PHP and (an older version) of MySQL, you would
> have Fedora just ship the new MySQL and no PHP?

It appears that RedHat is not willing to ship both MySQL4 and PHP so I
would rather see the GPL software to be included.

I personally would have simply provided a compat-mysql package with the
LGPLed 3.x libs and PHP linked against it.

Tom

--
  T h o m a s   Z e h e t b a u e r   ( TZ251 )
  PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89

UNIX is user-friendly ... it's just selective about who it's friends are