NVIDIA with games experience....

Gregory G Carter gcarter at aesgi.com
Thu Oct 7 10:19:08 UTC 2004

Type: glxinfo |more

You should have a line that says at the top that says:

"direct rendering: Yes"

If it says no, then you have a problem with either an unsupported card
or improper agpart support..etc

One thing to note, 2.6.9 drm support for X DRI separates the chipset
motherboard agp support from the video driver for the card hardware.

Presumably to it easier for developers.

However, then you have to add agpart load support at startup or directly
compile the agpart support into the kernel, which is what I do.

-gc