New kernel, should be the default

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 17:15:10 UTC 2004

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 18:06:37 +0100, Douglas Furlong
<douglas.furlong at firebox.com> wrote:
> If you use YUM to update your kernel then the new kernel is the default
> kernel.
>
> When you use RPM the old kernel is the default.

Can you explain to me WHY?  the grub.conf entry creation is done by
the post-install script in the kernel package. Please explain to me
how yum and rpm come up with a different result..running the same
postinstall script..in the kernel rpm? I'm not sure i believe you're
statement. Personally I've seen inconsistent behavior in the past
using every package tool to install kernel updates.

-jef