Can't boot the new kernel

Williams Jr, Ernest L. ernesto at ornl.gov
Fri Oct 8 22:13:03 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-test-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:fedora-test-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Andrew
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 6:10 PM
To: jvdias at redhat.com; For testers of Fedora Core development releases
Subject: Re: Can't boot the new kernel

Just rebooted after the updates today -- no problem with kernel (603) or

rhgb.  Two machines one with an nVidia card using the nv open source
driver and the other is a laptop with a Radeon Mobility.  Only thing I
do is make sure that if I get a udev update I run udevstart before the
reboot.

Does one really have to run "udevstart"?  Is that recommended?

Any weirdness out of dmesg?

Andrew

Jason Vas Dias wrote:

>Yes, I just raised bug 135134 about this - please
>append any further details you may have to this bug.
>
>If you remove the 'rhgb' boot option, or give the -s
>option, it boots fine.
>
>You can change the boot options by quickly pressing
>'a' on the first boot (grub) screen.
>
>On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 17:33, Eamonn Sullivan wrote:
>

>>When I try to boot with 2.6.8-1.598 the PC hangs as soon as the boot
>>process turns graphical. I haven't had any problems with the previous
>>kernel (541). I'm using an Intel D865GLC motherboard and using the
>>on-board graphics (Extreme Graphics 2) and sound (Analog Devices
>>AD1985 codec).
>>
>>Anyone else seeing this?

To unsubscribe: