New Application requests

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Fri Oct 8 23:54:31 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 14:52 -0400, Harnish, Joe wrote:

> I've been looking around for where to post this but I am coming up
> empty so I will post it here.  (Please let me know if there is a
> better place for this).
>
> The new Application I would like to see included (fc3 might be to
> close to add it) is:
> Nvu - http://www.nvu.com/
>
> Thanks
>
> Joe

It looks like a great tool, especially for people new to web
programming.  It should be packaged and submitted to Fedora Extras,
where if it is well used and well packaged.. it can be included into
Fedora later.  Bluefish (which is very stable and pretty mature
featurewise) is still in Extras and not core yet.

http://www.fedora.us/wiki/PackageSubmissionQAPolicy

If you are unable to package the software yourself, it would be
beneficial for you (obviously interested in it) to ask around and see if
you can get a packager interested.  Offering to help QA it for them will
probably help.