migrating to the new evolution

Keith Sharp kms at passback.co.uk
Sun Oct 10 09:34:04 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-09 at 17:35 -0400, Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:

> Okay, that worked great.
> Now, I would like to move a mail folder from one machine to another.
> How does one do that?  I have 3 different folders on my desktop machine
> and would like to move one of the folders to my laptop.
>
> When I look at the directory/file structure of the .evolution everything
> looks encoded.  I can't make heads nor tails.
>
> Would be nice if evolution would allow me to import mail from evolution.
>
> Is it possible to archive an evolution folder on one machine and import
> to evolution on another?

If you are using local email storage then the files in:

	${HOME}/.evolution/mail/local/

that have the same name as your folders in the GUI are just standard
mbox format files and can be imported into Evolution using the File ->
Import menu option.  If you are using server side storage such as IMAP,
just create a new account in your other Evolution instance and drag a
drop your mails to where you want.

Keith.