BzFlag does not work - Halt all Fedora Development Work!!!

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Sun Oct 10 12:04:57 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 04:42 -0400, Dwaine Garden wrote:
> During my testing.  I have noticed that bzflag does not work any more.   8*)
>
> I'm using the newest version 1.10.8 and it's compiled source code.

I use 1.10.6.20040515-1 and it works as expected (and it's compiled
source code as well, SCNR ;-).

> Bzflag compiles just fine with no warning or errors.   Make install
> works too.  Sync'd to the latest development tree for Fedora
>
> Now the good stuff.....
[...]
> I'm tying to figure out if it's the OSS emulation in ALSA, or something
> to do with udev.

The OSS message isn't an indicator that it doesn't work, rather that the
application should be ported over to ALSA interfaces so we can get rid
of the OSS emulation layer at some point in the future.

> We have to fix this.  We can not expect the community to keep testing
> out the development work if they can not run BzFlag....  8*)

>From the schedule, it's too late for test3 and so kind of too late for
final (no real external testing possible). But we should definitely work
on getting this running, we can't let our users be stuck with an ancient
version of this one and only killer app in the distro ;-P.

Have you tried strace-ing it already?

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com