Too close to doze - nautilus - no prompt for files that exist already

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 10 21:46:34 UTC 2004

Matias Féliciano wrote:
> Le dimanche 10 octobre 2004 à 14:12 -0400, Jim Cornette a écrit :
>
>>Is this gnome default degradation or an attempt to remove the usefulness
>>of file managers within the next distribution?
>

> No, it's just for fun.
> Isn't it funny ?

It is starting to look like an intentional destruction of GNOME. I'll
try out KDE after a long absense from the manager. My distraction with
KDE was too much like windows. I had to use Konquerer to overcome the
directory creation crash and replacing existing files without a prompt
when using mozilla. Konquerer highlighted the already existing file and
even prompted the user if they wanted to rename the conflicting file
with a non-conflicting alternative. This is better behavior than mozilla
of late.

I'll search for, add a me too or file a new bug report for the crashing
and overwriting problems. I doubt that an end directory vs. the full
path to the file will be selected as default.