Re-installing with files/folders in partitions.

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Sun Oct 10 23:23:48 UTC 2004

I've noticed a few times that while installing FC, the installer asks if
you want to format partitions before installing.

Does this mean that I could delete the contents of my partitions (say,
using a boot disk, or the command prompt in the installer itself) but
leave my home folders in the right partition?

I want to be able to do a fresh reinstall of FC, but don't want to have
to copy my home folder back from a file server after the reinstall.  I'm
hoping that if I use an existing partition, but don't format before
install that the installer will be smart enough to leave the /home
directory intact.

Is this possible?

Rodd

--