New kernel, should be the default

Scott Talbot talbotscott at cox.net
Mon Oct 11 03:26:27 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 17:36 -0400, ne... wrote:
> On Oct 10, 2004 at 11:21, Scott Talbot in a soothing rage wrote:
>
> >seems to me that those who don't want the kernel defaulted, probably
> >wouldn't want it downloaded either and could, therefore, make use of the
> >(yum) --exclude=kernel option or up2date's packages to skip feature.
> >That way we each get what we want.
> In my case you are totally wrong. I want the kernel dl'd, installed
> but not defaulted to. When I reboot and determine that I like the
> kernel, I can make the necessary adjustments to grub myself.

	Just goes to show - we all want it different!  Maybe I'm just too new,
but from that perspective it looks that the way to test a kernel is to
run it, and the easiest way to do that is default it.  All it takes is a
reboot and a down-arrow key press if it is a bad kernel or otherwise
unwanted.

	Guess we need that configurable option!

> N.Emile...

Scott