Yum error with "runuser" not found

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Mon Oct 11 21:08:28 UTC 2004

*snip*
> > Why does it bomb out when it cannot install one package?
>
> b/c a portion of the transaction has failed, thus the transaction has
> failed.

That behaviour is *very* annoying. I once had a machine hooked up for
"nightly yum update" - and it worked great. Until sombody figured out
that "hey, lets push a new xmms!". And the machine connected to the
server every night, downloaded the headers, and jumped out when it
discovered that the "xmms-mp3" plugin wasn't compatible with xmms. That
i discovered after a month or two...

What i think should be done, is that if it detects an incompitability,
it should not bomb out - it shoud simply log the fact, and update
everything else. That would also be true to kernel modules.

Kyrre