USB thumb drive question...

Scott Talbot talbotscott at cox.net
Tue Oct 12 02:27:41 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 18:47 -0700, Anony Mous wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I'm running a clean install of the development tree
> from 10/11/04.
>
> So I plug in a USB thumb drive, and an icon appears on
> my desktop. Cool.
>
> When I try to copy anything to it, i get:
>
> "Error while copying to "/media/usbdisk".

	I have no problem with mine, but I have mine in place during boot.

assuming that you have  not touched anything, my fstab:

/dev/sda1  /media/usbdisk   vfat   noauto,user,exec,managed,noatime,sync
0 0

and the listing of /media
drwxr-xr-x   5 scott scott 16384 Dec 31  1969 usbdisk

my system is also up2date as of today 11Oct so I would hope that your
stuff looks the same (nearly).

HTH
> >From the command line, as root, the same thing
> happens.