Too close to doze - nautilus - no prompt for files that exist already

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 12 11:40:25 UTC 2004

Owen Taylor wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 14:12 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
>

>>Anyway, that is not the most annoying problem with the new way that
>>files are saved without prompting the user if the file already exists.
>>This should not happen.
>

> If a application does not prompt you when overwriting existing files,
> that is a bug in the application, and has absolutely nothing to do
> with the file selection widget.
>
> File a bug against the application.
>
> Regards,
> 							Owen

There was a bug that was submitted against mozilla from development. I
added to that report. Should a new bug be entered for FC3T3 or is this
bug against development good enough to have this fixed before FC3
becomes final.
Basically, are bugs against development closed for test releases or bugs
filed against the test releases only considered before the next release?

Jim