Getting started questions...

Neil B. Cohen nbc at cisco.com
Tue Oct 12 18:10:02 UTC 2004

I've been working with Fedora Core 1 and 2 for some time. This morning I
downloaded and installed Core 3-test 3. A couple of questions - please
point me at the correct documentation if necessary - I've been looking
around but without success so far.

1) I could not find apt-get/synaptic for FC3. I tried installing the
rpm's I used on FC2. When I mark the upgrade files, it tells me it wants
to remove 100+ packages. Is there an apt-get and/or synaptic for FC3 at
this point? What should the config file look like?

2) The RHN update was telling me there were 250+ upgrades available, but
when I tried to install them, they all complained of invalid signatures.
What should I be using as a config file for up2date
(in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources)?

3) I also tried 'yum update' and it just crashed - again, what should
the config file for yum look like?

4) I have also asked this on the evolution mailing list - can anyone
tell me how to
    a) import old 'local' mailboxes from Evolution 1.4 into Evolution
2.x - I saved my /home/nbc/evolution folder which has the old mailboxes
in it.

    b) import my contact information from Evolution 1.4 to 2.x

Thanks in advance,

nbc

NAME:   Neil B. Cohen (Cisco Systems Inc.)
PHONE:  703-484-1316
DOMAIN: nbc at cisco.com
* Murphy's Philosophy: Smile - tomorrow will be worse...    *
* O'Tooles Commentary: Murphy was an optimist!              *