Fedora Core 3 Test 3 available

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed Oct 13 00:27:36 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 17:16 -0700, Tom Mitchell wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 10:46:28PM +0200, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> > If you dont want to "waste" 4 cd's, just grab the iso's, put'em on disk
> > of another Linux box, and share them over NFS.
>
> I would second this.  It also appears faster by a Lot
> over a local link.  If nothing else there is no interruption
> to change discs.

I'm much happier with this as well, although I serve up the downloaded
stuff via FTP rather than NFS. Lots less work, IMHO, especially for the
people who've never previously needed NFS and for whom it would be just
one more thing to learn and work on.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>