Thoughts on FC3T3

Matthew Frederico mfrederico at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 14:35:06 UTC 2004

I did a YUM upgrade from FC2 to T3 ..  IT  APPEARS everything went
smoothly, I haven't had any real hiccups aside from the i810 driver
problem .. Things seem to be a lot smoother, and the usability of
gnome is .. a lot more intuitive.  I've used it for about 3 days now,
and no complaints.

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:21:08 +0200, Matias Féliciano
<feliciano.matias at free.fr> wrote:
> Le mercredi 13 octobre 2004 à 10:02 -0400, Mark Haney a écrit :
> > I just did an FTP upgrade from T2 to T3 and wanted to ask a couple of
> > questions.  First, I did an FTP upgrade and it took no time at all.  I
> > was amazed at the speed in which it upgraded.  I don't use the test
> > versions for much more than testing the stock RPMS, it's not used for
> > anything other than that, so I wanted to know, assuming a stock install
> > of T2 (workstation install), how much would an upgrade take, total file
> > size?
> >
> > Second, after the upgrade (which went incredibly smoothly I might add,
> > great job guys!), the RH alert notification icon was missing from the
> > system tray.  Was this an upgrade default change?  It was enabled in T2.
> >
> > Third, has anyone made any judgements yet on T3's daily use stability?
>
> For my home system I use FC3 since T2.
>
> > I'd like to start using it on a daily basis, but don't want to fudge
> > anything up?  Any real serious gotchas in this release yet?
> >

> It's a test release but the least :-)
> Keep a backup around.
>

> --

-- Matthew Frederico