FC3T2 I2O support installation t bug

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Oct 13 17:53:59 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 13 October 2004, Michael Mansour wrote:

> > Likewise, and still no dice...
[snip]
> > I've also got an Adaptec card for which the i2o
> > block driver
> > auto-loads, but no drives are ever found, in either
> > the RHEL4b1
> > installer or FC3t3 installer.
> >
> > Adaptec 2100S, BIOS 1.62, 128MB cache, 4x36G drives
> > set up as a RAID-5
> > array. I saw mention of a patch missing from FC3t2
> > to support 128MB
> > cache cards, which was supposedly going to make it
> > into t3, but I
> > haven't followed closely what the status is on
> > that...
[snip]
> While chatting about this, I decided to goto the
> website (supermicro) to look for firmware updates for
> the Adaptec card. Since that card is specifically for
> that supermicro board, I found an update for it and
> will look at applying it sometime in the future after
> posting my "lspci" output here first.

Is yours an on-board solution on a SuperMicro motherboard? Mine is a
stand-alone PCI card, no firmware to be had on their site.

> You think a firmware update may make the difference?
> maybe you can do that on your board and post here how
> it goes?

I was running an older firmware when I started down this road, and recently
flashed it up to the latest I could find on Adaptec's web site (1.62), still
no dice. I don't think I should need anything newer than what's on the
manufacturer's web site, especially for a card that is a few years old...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com