Fedora Core 3 Test 3 Discs Not Working

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 14 11:41:07 UTC 2004

Harald Hoyer wrote:

>> The issue is related to the 2.6 kernel and such. If you pad the discs
>> with at least 150 kb, the discs should checksum alright. As why disc 1
>> passed, it was just a "lucky lotto winner".
>

> just burn them with the cdrecord "-dao" parameter

Not using cdrecord directly, except for early examples that were relayed
from others during early 2.5 kernels. How can it be determined if
front-ends to cdrecord, like nautilus-cd-burner are using -dao or -tao?

It would seem to me that this would be disc at once, by default. If the
one and only choice is for nautilus-cd-burner to burn using track at
once vs. -dao, why is there not a selection to choose this option from
the interface?

k3b bombed with this attempt and using xcdroast w/ -dao was not
something that I thought about using. Right clicking, then writing to CD
is s tempting, since it is so easily selected.

Which direction are we supposed to follow? CLI and long strings of
options to the program? Or GUI and working defaults for
simplified/feature reduced interfaces?

Anyway, I'll become more familiar with cdrecord w/o the front-ends and
add padding, options to become more familiar with the actual program
that records the CDs.

Jim