RE: Installing the " ç " in the U.S International Keyboard in Fedora Core 3

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Thu Oct 14 15:54:47 UTC 2004

>> Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
>>
>> I am not aware of any language with an acute-accented "c" but
>> there may well be one. So if the change was deliberate and
>> intended to serve another language, how do we now type a cedilla?
>> If not, I guess this is a bug... although to be honest, changing
>> something that has been around so long and is in such common
>> usage sure as hell feels like a bug to me.

I cannot comment on where this should be but there is indeed an
acute-accented "c".  Unicode defines character x107 as "LATIN SMALL
LETTER C WITH ACUTE" and mentions Polish and Croatian.  There are
also "Latin letter c" characters with circumflex, dot, and caron in
Latin Extended A.  Latin Extended B also has a "c with hook" (x188)
and IPA Extensions has "c with curl" (x255).  Finally, there is "c
with cedilla and acute" at x1e09 in Latin Extended Additional.

--
Henry