Installing the " ç " in the U.S International Keyboard in Fedora Core 3

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Thu Oct 14 16:44:09 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 23:20 -0400, Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
> Hello,
>
>      I am writing to ask if the use of the cedilla in the U.S International
> Keyboard setting will ever be repaired with the upcoming final version of
> Fedora Core 3?  I have used past versions of both Fedora and Red Hat and for
> some reason, the use of the cedilla "ç" in these versions has not been taken
> care of.  Or am I mistaken?  When hitting the single quote symbol and then
> the letter "c", you only get an accute accent over the letter "c" .    Will
> this bug be corrected?  If so, please let me know.

If you set LC_CTYPE to a language that uses the cedilla (fr,pt,etc),
then GTK+ will use the cedilla for this combination.

If you don't, then GTK+ makes the natural assumption that if you combine
an acute accent and a c, you should get a c with an acute accent. (Used
in various Eastern European languages)

Regards,
						Owen