Latest Evolution problems.

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at privatei.com
Fri Oct 15 21:05:23 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 16:32 -0400, Thomas J. Baker wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 15:59 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 03:52:23PM -0400, Robert Couture wrote:
> >
> >  > Upon updating and restarting the system to try the latest kernel I started
> >  > Evolution and it seems to hang with the message updating vFolder (vFolder
> >  > name)  It also does not show images in HTML mail even though that is how I
> >  > have it configured - it just displays the 'X' icon.  When showing HTML mail
> >  > it hangs with a message saying it is formatting the message.  (These messages
> >  > are in the status bar.)
> >  > It also does not send mail out.
> >  >
> >  > (Internet connection is fine.)
> >  >
> >  > Is anyone else seeing this behaviour.  If so, I will file a bugzilla.
> >
> > Possibly another casualty of the O_NONBLOCK change.

> Seems it. I rebooted to 610 and it works fine.

Confirmed here has well. I was experiencing slowness and 2 of my pop
accounts not responding at all - very goofy. In addition, the Fedora
Logon Splash stays up for about 45 to 60 seconds longer than before for
no apparent reason. The Red Hat Network Alert Icon (for up2date) has
also disappeared from the notification area and can not be put back.

Booting back to kernel 610 corrected the evolution problem, but not the
others...

Cheers,

Chris

--