Cups printing to networked print server still not working

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 16 00:33:37 UTC 2004

Michal Jaegermann wrote:

>On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 08:14:54PM -0500, Gerry Tool wrote:
>

>>Michal Jaegermann wrote:
>>

>>>Which version of cups is that?  I have here cups-1.1.22-0.rc1.1

>>[gerry at gstpc-test ~]$ rpm -q cups
>>cups-1.1.22-0.rc1.1
>>
>>The bug report has been re-assigned to the kernel rather than to cups.
>>

>Hm, ok. I am not that sure why but maybe indeed something in
>networking.

That was Tim Waugh's conclusion after some effort at determining if the
bug was a printing system bug.

There seems to have been no interest in fixing this bug since he
reassigned it to the kernel.

I suspect there are a very few people in this testing population who
have a networked print server that is affected by this bug, but I do
expect there are quite a few in the community that will want to use FC3
after it is released.  If it isn't fixed, all these people, including
me, will be without a way to print using FC3.  I personally must be able
to print in order to use a system, so I will have to continue using
FC2.  I would really like to move to FC3 when it is released.

Gerry Tool