Another yum problem

Matias Féliciano feliciano.matias at free.fr
Sat Oct 16 12:32:15 UTC 2004

Le samedi 16 octobre 2004 à 06:20 -0600, Elaine Normandy a écrit :
> I upgraded from FC2 to FC3T3 yesterday.  Am having the following problem
> with yum update.  Couldn't find anything that looked like this error
> message in bugzilla.  Please advise whether I should submit a bug
> report, or if there is an error that I need to fix in my installation.
>
> Resolving Dependencies
> Processing Dependency: synaptics for package: rhpl
> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Requiring package rhpl-None-0 not in transaction
> set               nor in rpmdb

Try this :
(1) $ yum update rpm-libs
(2) $ yum update yum
# Check if "obsoletes=1" is activated in /etc/yum.conf.
(3) $ yum update

If (1) and (2) does not work, use rpm.
rpm -U http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/development/i386/Fedora/RPMS/rpm-libs-4.3.2-13.i386.rpm
rpm -U http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/development/i386/Fedora/RPMS/yum-2.1.7-2.noarch.rpm