/etc/fstab Lacks Mount Point For Floppy

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Sun Oct 17 22:05:14 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-16 at 16:16 -0600, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> I would
> rather like to know how to replace this "exec" by "noexec,nodev" -
> for example - but maybe one day this black magic will be also
> revealed. :-)

You can just put a file called my-storage-policy.fdi or something else
ending in .fdi into /usr/share/hal/fdi/95userpolicy with this content

        <deviceinfo version="0.2">
          <device>
            <match key="info.udi" string="/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer">
              <merge key="storage.policy.default.mount_option.exec" type="bool">false</\merge>
              <merge key="storage.policy.default.mount_option.noexec" type="bool">true<\/merge>
              <merge key="storage.policy.default.mount_option.nodev" type="bool">true</\merge>
            </match>
          </device>
        </deviceinfo>

to achieve this.

All the various keys and the XML format is described in this document (a
little bit out of date, but not much)

 http://freedesktop.org/~david/hal-spec/hal-spec.html

which I, at some point, hope to include with the hal-devel package
in /usr/share/doc/hal- at version@/spec and make the man page for fstab-
sync point to it. It probably wont make FC3 though.

Thanks,
David