HTML/XML Application.

Camille Zavala camille_zavala at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 18 03:48:18 UTC 2004

> Microsoft Longhorn's concept videos run XML file directly.
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/Longhorn/productinfo/conceptvid/default.aspx

A cynical person would point out that Longhorn is vaporware.  It will
continue to be chiefly a gleam in a marketing department's eye for at least
another year.

If I really wanted to manipulate the system, I'd create a demo video showing
some droolworthy feature for a software release that's planned for over a
year off.  In the meantime I'll let my competitors kill themselves to put
equivalent features into their shipping releases.  Then when I finally ship
my product, I can say "Oops, we had to slip the droolworthy feature for a
future release.  Sorry about that, everybody, but look at the shiny new
things we have planned for our next release!"  <Cue the next-gen demo.>