/etc/fstab Lacks Mount Point For Floppy

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 13:37:15 UTC 2004

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 22:46:44 -0600, Michal Jaegermann
<michal at harddata.com> wrote:
> Owners should be able to configure their systems any way they please;
> only consequences of doing this or that should be clear.

Would you be satified if there were some way to test the local defined
configurations without having to plugin in a device?  A way to ask
fstab-sync to report the fstab entry it would create? Would this sort
of test tool be enough to provide clarity to admins who are trying to
reconfigure their systems?

> Here I am not that convinced.  There is "exec" there now and
> automatically created /etc/fstab enteries have "exec" option clearly
> spelled out.  But if I put a floppy in suddenly it is mounted
> "noexec".

This confuses me... you're saying that the fstab entry for the device has "exec"
but after you mount the device the mount command is saying its mounted
as "noexec"?
Or are you seeing an selinux interaction here?

-jef