/etc/fstab Lacks Mount Point For Floppy

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Mon Oct 18 18:04:00 UTC 2004

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 11:33:11AM -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:

> As I've already tried to explain, mount(1) wants the 'pamconsole',
> 'user' and possibly 'users' option before the 'exec' option because the
> way that the mount(1) program works is that "This option implies the
> options noexec, nosuid, and nodev ...

Ah, yes, you are right and I am an idiot.  I forgot that 'user'
implies 'noexec,nosuid,nodev'.  But in such case why fstab-sync
starts generated lines with 'exec'  to be immediately overriden?
I think that is what messed me up here.

Does 'fstab-sync' pays any attention to an order of entries in its
configuration files (*.fdi) and how this relates to an order of
options in /etc/fstab?  'man fstab' does not seem to mention any
guarantees in that respect.

   Michal