Installed Fedora Core 3 test 2 broke grub

Sean Lebeau seanl at nbnet.nb.ca
Tue Oct 19 01:49:57 UTC 2004

Hi All

I recently upgraded my system from FC2 to FC3 test 2. I did not do a
fresh install I did an update install. Anaconda found my FC2 install and
went through all the motions to update to FC3. I chose to update my grub
installation. When I finished the install and rebooted the system the
BIOS went through post and then Grub came up but it only showed my
windows partition.

I rebooted with the rescue disk and checked the grub.conf file. The boot
info for Fedora Core was missing. I added in manually to the file and
the system booted fine after that.

Does anyone have any idea what I did wrong on the install? or has this
happened to anyone else?

BTW I am running FC3 Test 2 on an AMD Durron 850 with 256MB ram
--
Sean Lebeau <seanl at nbnet.nb.ca>