laptop mode?

johntrichardson at charter.net johntrichardson at charter.net
Wed Oct 20 01:59:42 UTC 2004

In an earlier Fedoras (FC1?) there was a laptop mode.  That seems to be gone from FC3.  But, I've noticed that there are now scripts to control the 2.6 kernel params.  (http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsamwel/laptop_mode/index.html)

Is this stuff somewhere in FC3?  I've been hunting around and couldn't find an RPM, and it looks like controls are only via installing the scripts manually or by directly tweaking /proc/acpi.  Am I missing something?

BTW: Things have definately been getting better with recent rawhides.  I now can pretty much suspend and resume my (Dell Inspiron 4100) notebook 10 times before something freezes the screen (much better than the screen corruption I was getting practically every time I tried with FC3T2).  The Synaptics touchpad tapping and scrolling as well as the mouse stick both work -- first time ever with any Fedora).

John