yum version 2.1.9-1

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Oct 20 14:37:30 UTC 2004

> But if the decision of what to install can be made with only the
> metadata, then why use headers? Just install the full rpms...

B/c an rpm transaction set must be packed with headers. And it is best
to test the transaction before you download anything heavy.

> PS: I've missed the last developments of yum, but I thought the point of
> metadata was to avoid the headers?

Yes, it is  - it is to avoid downloading ALL The headers.

You're only downloading the headers of the packages that are having some
action done to them by the transaction set.

-sv