X11 problem

Rob Shewan rshewan at lio.aacisd.com
Wed Oct 20 20:00:58 UTC 2004

I can usually start netscape on a  RedHat 7.3 distribution with the
display rendered on my box running Fedora Core 2. My system has been
upgraded with the latest available for FCt3.

The connection is via ssh with -X as an argument. For example: ssh -X rh7
xhost + has been executed on the display machine. Other X applications
display without error. This netscape is version 4.78.

I have upgraded to FC3t3 and netscape displays the following error:

 $ CLASSPATH=    netscape
X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  73 (X_GetImage)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x3f
  Serial number of failed request:  137

Rob Shewan