How to enable vino?

Aaron Gaudio prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org
Thu Oct 21 03:44:52 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 14:50 -0400, Aaron Gaudio wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 11:56 +0200, Nils Philippsen wrote:
> [ snip unrelated discussion ]
>
> I'm still not able to connect to any vino session. Though I have enabled
> it via the Preferences (and have since logged out and back in), I still
> don't see any indication that a vncserver is available. I don't see
> vino-server in a ps listing... should I? What could be keeping me from
> getting this up and running?

After further trials, running /usr/libexec/vino-server manually does
start up vino and let me connect a vncviewer to it. However, I'm
assuming the user is not supposed to have to run this manually
(especially considering the existence
of /usr/lib/bonobo/servers/GNOME_RemoteDesktop.server). Does anyone know
what is supposed to activate the server? How are others running vino?

--
Aaron Gaudio <prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org>