Proposal for the future: jabberd

Mark Derricutt mark at talios.com
Thu Oct 21 04:30:21 UTC 2004

Thomas Zehetbauer wrote:

>I think it would be more important for Fedora to supply a good jabber
>client, gaim is nice for ICQ but cannot browse/subscribe/use any jabber
>services :-(

Gossip is a nice Jabber client and is currently getting user-friendly
transport love added to it, the directory the guys are going is quite
interesting as well ( listed known transports, and known servers that
provide said transports ) rather than using XMPP discovery ( this was a
long and drawn out thread that centered around the fact you, as a client
developer can't guarantee the translated text of the service provider,
thus not guaranteeing a good user experience ).