Yum/Up2Date - No more updates

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Thu Oct 21 05:56:59 UTC 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Diahron Grismore wrote:

> when I run up2date or yum, I get:
> An HTTP error occurred:
> Status Code: 404
> Error Message: Not Found
> ok, what all did I hose doing this? and what do I need to do to repair it.

Looks like both up2date & yum (perhaps via fedora-release pkg) are
made to point to FC3 release locations - to get ready for the release.

For yum - you can just edit /etc/yum.conf - and make it point back to
rawhide - by commenting out the currently listed repos - and adding:

---
[development]
name=Rawhide
baseurl=ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/development/i386
--

<might want to change the url to your favourite mirror>

Satish