Is this a bug ????? scratch my head over this to much for sure

JERRY WHITMIRE jerryw4386 at msn.com
Thu Oct 21 12:17:13 UTC 2004

Hi my name is Jerry

I was reading one of the test list i got in my emails witch i read all of
them in the hopes i can fix
several big problems i have with Fedore . i started using it with core 2
test 2 and i am at core 3 test 3 and still cant get it to work right. the
message said {*} A show stopper bug is one that corrupts data storage or
severely impacts the users basic ability to install and use the system !!!

Well i think i have several big bugs
I have used all of the Red hat systems from 7.2 to Red hat as 3 and never
had none of them not setup my dsl modem right. that did it right. and a few
of the other linux os
for some reason fedora cant do it .
I have worked many hours on these problems with on fix for them. When i try
to update it i get to the phase where it start to get the headers and just
stops or hangs up.
i can use Konqueror for a few minutes up to a hour or so and it hang up my
system after i have to restart it with the reset button and do it about five
times it crashes and i have to restore it.
but one good point with core 3 test 3 it has not gone to the point where i
have had to restore it.
the system lets me work with it as long as i do not try to go online.
Any of the mozilla base browsers will not connect to the internet at all.
I have a computer that i built my self it has 512 mb of ram a xp 2200 amd
chip on a aopen ak77 pro 133 motherboard and have no problems with it at
all.
i have three hard drives in it a 40gb at hda for Fedora a 60gb at hdb for Xp
home a dvd/cd-r-rw at hdc and a 40gb at hdd for storage.
i have not had the the problem of manually setting up my modem so i am at a
lose as to what to do
with it. so someone with grate wisdom please help me with this so i don't
have to junk Fedora i
think it would be a grate os if i could use it. i am very envious of the
people that can use it with no big big { BUGS} If i need to give more info
on my system let me know.
enough from me for now.
Jerry W. Whitmire
jerryw4386 at msn.com

ps my dsl is a Action Tec from qwest phone company it is set to download @
150. + mgbps it is on a 3com lan card and my external 56k Action Tec dialup
modem is not found by Fedora also