Latest Fedora Core 3 status: kernel testing needed

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu Oct 21 17:00:29 UTC 2004

>>> It'd be nice if Red Hat would have someone whose job was to be a
>>> Bugzilla Monkey

>> There are a number of problems....

> Ahhh... yeah...
> Isn't that the whole point for having Bugzilla?...
>   To track the bugs and the fixes.
>
> I didn't think it was intended to be 'black hole' for testers.
> It must also be used by the developers...
> and the feedback loop needs to be closed.

You're absolutely right. I think its well understood we could do a
better job of bug triage and feedback, it often comes up in internal
discussions. If we could only clone ourselves a few times ;-) Your
concerns are heard. As we progress to more community access in Fedora
(its happening!) it will hopefully allow a greater distribution of
resources to bear on the issue and a commencement improvement.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>