Sound Card Check and Drive not Ready.

Diahron Grismore diahron at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 22 01:32:24 UTC 2004

At the beginning of every session I have to do a sound card check for
the sound system to be functional. Once sound card check has been run it
works until the next reboot. I only noticed this problem in FC3T3 and it
persisted through all three kernel updates.
When using Application Add/Remove the error 'drive not accessible' is
coming up when you attempt to install the asked for CD to do the
Add/Remove. It will not recognize the drive.
Incidentally for reference my hardware setup is AMD-2500+, 512mg, NVidia
g-force, combo DVD-CDRW, Epson CX5400, DSL going through a D-Link router.
Understandably, there are possibly fixes in the mix and on their way,
but I thought I would mention this just it case. There have been other
threads, previously concerning such problems. Did any result in bug
fixes that I should refer to?  Thanks