Still can't get X to start after latest up2date

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 11:09:47 UTC 2004

This worked, and now I have X back, but I've run into two other
problems since the last update.

1. I can't ping outside my subnet, but name lookup works. For exampe:

$ ping www.redhat.com
PING www.redhat.com (209.132.177.50) 56(84) bytes of data

And then nothing.

2. Firefox now won't run. Even when I run from the command line
(either as a user or as root), it exits immediately without any
messages.