Prism 2.5 / orinoco driver fails under load

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri Oct 22 13:41:21 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 23:13 -0300, Ben Steeves wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> I'm running Fedora Core Test 3 with all the latest updates (kernel
> 2.6.9-1.639) on an IBM T30 laptop.  For the most part, things work
> great, but I'm having problem with my wireless (the built-in).  I used
> to have this problem with FC1, but with FC2 it had gone away.  The
> problem is this:

What's the model of the card you use?

1) if its PCMCIA/PCCard, can you give the output of 'cardctl ident'
2) If its onboard miniPCI, can you give the output of 'lspci'
3) If its cardbus, can you give the output of 'lspci'

That might help a bit.  Note that you also might have a bad firmware
version?  Unfortunately with the orninco/WaveLAN cards, firmware
versions are not all guaranteed to work under Linux, but most should.

Dan