Disappearing/reappearing network devices

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Fri Oct 22 18:37:06 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 18:07 +0000, Andrew wrote:
> udev-039-3 came out about 3 days ago.

Andrew,

It's much easier to find text if you don't top-post; I had just about
deleted your message since I couldn't easily find what you added.

That being said, forgive me if I don't understand your message. Are you
saying udev might have caused the problem? That this version would have
fixed that problem? Any other possible interpretations?

If you're suggesting that 039-3 might have fixed it, then no... my
system is currently up-to-date with 039-6 and I still have that
behavior. If -3 might have broken it... well OK, but now what?

How do I help track this problem so it gets fixed? Other than filing a
bug which says "umm... it broke" I don't have a clue what else to do.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>