Folding at Home (what is this?)

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Fri Oct 22 21:20:47 UTC 2004

Garrett Serack wrote:

>BING! You have correctly answered "Scams" for $1000.
>

>>Who gets the benifit of this research?
>>Anybody-who-wants-to-download-the-result, or some multi-billion
>>pharmaneutical reseach company that will use it only for own profit?
>>

>My feelings exactly. Even if it's not some multi-billion
>pharmaneutical reseach company, the researchers would certainly
>sell-out to a multi-billion pharmaneutical reseach company.

>Oh think of the Science! for the love of god Somebody think of the Science!
>
>:p

It's not that I don't care about humanity and science, but the
pharmaceutical
companies that will benefit seem to care more about profits than humanity.
Many if not most of the scientists are likely more concerned about
humanity, but they don't run the companies or market the products.

So for now I will just help look for extraterrestrials, but I've always
wondered
about what I win if my computer finds one. ;-)

--
Guy Fraser