The Synaptics Touchpad Drivers in Fedora Core 3t3

Charles R. Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Fri Oct 22 23:52:05 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 07:44:40PM -0400, Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
>      I am new to Fedora Core.  I don't know what it means to "Update rhpl and
> system -config-display to the latest Rawhide.   I have a Dell Inspiron 4000
> with a Synaptics Touchpad.  It would seem to me that it would make more sense
> to include configuration of the pointing device within the Start Menu-System
> Settings, or at least during the initial installation.

You don't need to configure it.  It should automatically discover and
configure it for you.  If you are using the latest development tree
(or the FC3-rc1 just announced) it should definately have the fixes to
the rhpl package which allows this automatic configuration to work.

If you update your system to the latest development (which is also
called "Rawhide") using up2date, or yum, you can try having the system
automatically configure the Synaptics Touchpad by issuing this command
at the command line:

system-config-display --reconfig