Anyone succesfully using atp870u?

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sat Oct 23 22:08:18 UTC 2004

Alan Cox writes:

> On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 05:03:20PM -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>> Is anyone succesfully using the atp870u driver -- in either fc3rc1, or FC2?
>
> Yes - I have my CD-ROM drives on it

Are you loading it after booting, or from initrd?  I'm trying to boot off
this card.

As far as I can tell, mkinitrd correctly puts the module into the initrd,
and the right messages are emitted by the driver when it initializes. Except
for the one that detects the hard drive.

Can you try manually forcing this module into initrd, through mkinitrd, and
see if it detects your CD-ROM drive?