FW: up2date

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Sat Oct 23 23:17:45 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 19:09 -0400, Juan C. Villa Colon wrote:
> I update my version of ‘up2date’ to the latest one. It does not come
> subscribed to any channels. I follow the instructions on the website
> (red hat) just in case but no luck there either. My up2date program
> can no longer check for updates. I am using yum now, any
> recommendations as to what I can do to get up2date working?

Don't know why this happened this time, but if your updating to the
latest up2date in rawhide/development, then
your /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file got renamed to sources.rpmsave and
the new config file was named sources.rpmnew.  I think one of the two
should have kept the correct name?

Just rename your old one or use the new one (and edit if need be) and
that should fix it.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's always better to hurt a little now, than to hurt a lot later!"