USB PERMISSIONS

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 00:44:14 UTC 2004

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 20:05:03 -0400, David McCormick
<dvdbtty at netscape.net> wrote:
> You are correct. I disabled SELinux and it worked fine. Now all I have
> to do every time I want to back up files is disable SELinux reboot, copy
> the files, enable SELinux, and reboot. Not very effective.

I told you... this should be fixed in an update after fc3t3.  I'm not
sure what all the ranting is about. If you are unable to update..
thats a totally different problem. But getting up on the soapbox about
a TEST release really is over the top. You're looking rather silly and
its not constructive. The specific issue regarding the selinux file
contexts being applied to removable media should be resolved as an
update. The latests updates WORKFORME, in this regard. If you are
unable to reconfigure your yum or up2date to get the updates from the
development tree, I'm sorry. If you look on the mailinglist the issues
with the changes to newest up2date and yum packages have been
discussed. I suggest you look over the list archives for the last
couple of weeks and find the previous discussions with regard to
making sure you have the latest up2date or yum configured adequately.

-jef