apache configtest

Joe Orton jorton at redhat.com
Mon Oct 25 09:20:48 UTC 2004

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 09:55:53PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-10-24 at 12:19 +0100, Joe Orton wrote:
>
> > Oh, this is still so insane!  Do you want two copies of libphp4.so, one
> > which contains just the "config testing" code too, or what?
>
> No, that wouldn't be necessary.  Each domain would have the privileges
> to map libphp4.so and use it.

So why would any PHP code be deemed to be safe to have terminal access,
but not certain bits of httpd code? I don't get it.

There's also the issue that httpd *does* need terminal access during
during startup for configurations using encrypted private SSL keys:
mod_ssl will open /dev/tty to prompt for a password.

joe